Friday, October 11, 2013

TV Shows - Hit and Miss

I am here to report on what I've discovered this year with a few of the new tv shows. A couple of misses for me, but hopefully at least one show that I will stick with for awhile.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Not for me. Gave it 2 episodes. 2nd episode was worse than the first. Bye-bye! Reasoning: some bad actors, contrived plots, didn't really care about anyone, unclear overall goals.

Hostages - Not for me. Gave it 3 episodes. Not worth my time. Bye-bye! Reasoning: plot holes big enough to drive a bus through, once you roll your eyes about a dozen times during an episode can you really continue to spend time watching it?

Sleepy Hollow - Liked it. Have watched 4 episodes. Only 1 episode was below average, other 3 kept my interest. Reasoning: likeable leads (Abby and Ichabod are great actors), clear goals, some mysteries that are hinted at but left for later reveals, good atmosphere, fun times with Ichabod adjusting to modern life.

Those are the only 3 shows right now that I have given my time to. I am sure there are a few that I have missed, but I know there are some upcoming that I want to see. (Almost Human, I'm looking at you...)

What shows are you enjoying? Do you disagree with my assessments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment